Avocado, Salsa, & CHO Puff Pastries
One of our favorite Pinterest boards has to be “Simple Swaps“, where we keep tabs on all the impressive recipes that we’d like to try replacing Plain 0% CHO for an existing ingredient. Averie’s recipe for Avocado, Cream Cheese, and Salsa-Stuffed Puff Pastries immediately jumped out at us (as most of her recipes do!), so we got to work on recreating these savory treats with Chobani.
Makes approximately 10 puffs
1 large sheet puffed pastry, thawed
1 ripe avocado, halved and mashed
1/4 C cream cheese
1/4 C Plain 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt
1/3 C salsa
salt and pepper, sprinkled to taste
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400F and prepare two baking sheets with either parchment paper, Silpat liners, or spray them well with cooking spray.
2. Thaw one large square of puffed pastry for about 10 minutes. Flour your countertop or working surface and roll out the pastry square as thinly as possible. With a pizza cutter or knife, slice the puffed pastry into approximately 2-inch by 2-inch squares.
3. Combine cream cheese + Chobani in a bowl, set aside.
4. On half the squares, place a dollop of avocado, then cream cheese/Chobani mix, then salsa, season with salt and pepper. Use the remaining squares as the lids and place one lid over the filling mounds. Seal the pastries by pressing the edges with a fork, taking care to seal the edges well, pressing the fork in repeatedly, so no filling escapes during baking.
5. In a small bowl, beat an egg with a fork, and apply an eggwash to each of the pastry packages. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until desired browning and puffing has occurred.
6. Remove from the oven and serve!