Baked Avocado Fries
Avocado seems to play a supporting role in HEAPS of dishes these days — and for good reason. It downright rocks! Guacamole. Salad garnish. Sandwich topping. You name it, we love it. But one appetizer in particular has the avocado front and center, giving this deliciously creamy fruit the attention it so rightly deserves.
We got a massive dose of inspiration from Eva over at Adventures in Cooking and made a beeline to the kitchen to churn out a baked (not-fried) version of her Avocado Fries. Because, as we all know, if they’re baked, it’s perfectly acceptable to eat the equivalent of 2 avocados…right? Right.
OK, great. Now that you’re a bonafide ‘cado pickin’ professional, you’re ready to rock and roll!
Baked Avocado Fries w/ Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce
2 eggs, beaten
1 and 1/3 C bread crumbs
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cumin
5 Tbsp Plain 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt
3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
juice from 1/2 of a lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix together bread crumbs, pepper, salt, and cumin in a medium-sized bowl then set aside.
3. Cut the avocados in half and then slice them vertically.
4. Dredge the avocado slices in the breadcrumb mixture, then in the beaten egg mixture, then in the breadcrumbs again.
5. Lay on baking sheet covered with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, checking frequently on status as baking times may vary between ovens.
7. When done, transfer them to the serving tray of your choosing and serve immediately!
Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce
Place the Chobani, cilantro, and lemon juice in a blender and mix until smooth and creamy in texture.