Top 10 Summer Reads
Summer is in full swing! Yep, it’s time to break out the sunblock, prep for the BBQ, and throw on the old cutoffs. But you can’t forget the most important beach accessory: the perfect summer read. There’s just something wondrous about getting lost in the pages of a great book while lying out at the beach.
So where do you start? So many books, so little time! To make things easier, we’ve compiled a list of our top 10 perfect summer reads. Some of these are brand-spanking new and some are old favorites. There’s no doubt that each and every one of these will take your mind on a much-needed vacation.
1. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year Of Food Life, by Barbara Kingsolver
2. The Power of One, by Bryce Courtenay
3. The Shadow of the Wind, by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
4. Wild, by Cheryl Strayed
5. Hitchhiking With Larry David: A True Story From Martha’s Vineyard, by Paul Samuel Dolman
6. Cooked, by Michael Pollan
7. The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho
8. White Jacket Required: A Culinary Coming-of-Age Story, by Jenna Weber
9. Cutting For Stone, by Abraham Verghese
10. Italian Ways: On and Off the Rails from Milan to Palermo, by Tim Parks
Whether you’re looking for an inspiring tale like The Alchemist, or an educational read, like Cooked, we’ve got you covered. So go grab that Kindle, or an old fashioned hard cover, and get to reading! Can’t get enough? Head on over to our Dilly Hill Book Club Pinterest board for more of our favorites. Enjoy!