You know the moment. The instant you see that brilliant idea on Pinterest and know, without a doubt, you’ve just got to give it a shot. So you pin it. And forget about it. And then re-discover it 6 months later! Such is the case with cauliflower pizza crust. YUM-O! We eagerly jumped at the opportunity to take everyone’s guilty-pleasure food (OMG PIZZA!) and make it slightly healthier. Traditional dough crust, out — cauliflower crust, in!
For the crust:
2 C grated cauliflower (about 1/2 a head)
1/4 C Plain 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbsp mixture of dried thyme, basil, oregano, rosemary
dash of sea salt
For the topping:
3/4 C pizza sauce (we whipped up a quick batch from scratch)
1/2 C of grated mozzarella
add toppings as desired!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a food processor, prepare the cauliflower by pulsing florets until grainy.
3. Place 2 C of grated cauliflower into a clean, thin dish towel. Wrap it up in the middle and twist closed, wringing out excess moisture. Repeat as needed with new cloths until dry.
4. Place the dry cauliflower into a bowl and add the yogurt, egg, and spices.
5. Fold the mixture until everything is evenly combined.
6. Place the cauliflower “dough” onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread the mixture with your hands until it is about 1/2-inch thick. This is your crust!
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and firm enough to hold its shape.
8. Remove crust from the oven and top with pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella, and your choice of toppings. (We used some fresh basil!)
9. Pop the pizza back into the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.