Avocado With Baked Egg + Sriracha
Sometimes the look of a dish far surpasses its taste. And occasionally, the least visually appealing dish surprises and delights your taste buds in unpredictable ways. Moral of the brief-and-not-so-captivating-story: never judge a dish by its cover. Unless, of course, you’ve halved a large avocado, cracked in one glorious egg, topped it up with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese, a dash of Sriracha, a dollop of Chobani, and baked it to perfection. Then by all means, fellow foodies – judge, judge away. This one’s not only photo-worthy, but it packs a seriously delicious punch.
Avocado + egg.
Egg + avocado.
Whatever you call it – spoon, crack, GO.
1 avocado, split in half and pitted
Sriracha to taste
1 Tbsp shaved parmesean cheese
salt and pepper to taste
scoop of Plain 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt to top
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Cut avocado in half and place the sides face-up on a baking sheet.
Tip: to make the avocado stay in place, slice off a thin piece of the bottom to make a flat edge.
3. Scoop a little extra avocado out to make room for the egg.
4. Crack an egg into each avocado half.
5. Place avocados into oven for about 5-7 minutes.
6. Remove and add shaved parmesan to top of eggs. Place back in oven.
7. Cook for 5-7 more minutes, or to desired egg-hardness.
8. Remove, top with Sriracha, salt and pepper, and a scoop of Plain 0% Chobani.
EnThanks to our friend, The Vegetarian Ginger for the delicious inspiration!