Sweet Potato Fries With Savory Chobani Dip
All hail the glorious french fry! It’s a thing of beauty, really. A delicious, salty potato stick with an undeniable love of ketchup (and the occasional honey mustard dip). Throw a plate of savory french fries at us and we’ll undoubtedly devour them in seconds. Okay, minutes…but they’ll be gone, nonetheless.
As much as we love the good old American french fry, we’ve got a serious thing for sweet potatoes these days. Not only are sweet pots nutritious and easy on the taste-buds; they’re incredibly versatile, have a seriously long shelf life, and make for a killer snack when consumed in fry-form. But why bore you with the nitty gritty benefits, when you could be in your kitchen whipping up a batch as we speak!
Thanks to Sarah, of Making Thyme for Health for the delicious inspiration.
4 large sweet potatoes, cut lengthwise into fry shaped strips (cut to desired thickness)
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
3 Tbsp olive oil
Parmesan Rosemary Chobani Dip
6oz Plain 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt
1/4 C fresh shredded parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix together spices for potatoes and set aside.
3. Place washed and cut sweet potatoes in a large bowl, then add the spices and olive oil and mix with hands until evenly coated.
4. Transfer potatoes to lined baking sheet and place in the oven to cook for 20 to 25 minutes, depending on size of fries (thinner fries may crisp sooner).
5. To make the dip, mix the shredded parmesan and Chobani in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with chopped rosemary. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. Allow fries to cool before serving with dip. Best when eaten immediately!
Makes 32 wedges and serves a large group; recipe can be halved for smaller servings. Total time: 30 minutes