Spiralized Squash ‘Pasta’ with Chobani Sauce
Spiralized Zucchini Pasta
We’ve all been there. Perhaps you’ve even been the culprit yourself. Either way, each one of us has experienced food deception in one form or another. Maybe your mother hid the brussels sprouts underneath your mac ‘n cheese. Perhaps it was dad, pureeing peas into your favorite childhood dish (how dare he!) Whatever the case – food deception IS real and has been seen as the enemy for generations before us.
Introducing: the spiralizer; spiralizing anything and everything since… well, it was introduced. Once we got our hands on one of these nifty gadgets, we had one thing on our minds and one thing only: Spiralized Veggie Pasta. Yes, this kind of food deception is welcomed by us ANY day of the week. Our version of spiralized veggie pasta incorporates a variety of squashes, but you’re welcome to use whatever veggies you prefer. We topped our delicious pasta with a creamy Parmesan Chobani sauce. Drooling yet?
It’s safe to say that we found ourselves a new favorite dish. A pasta that’s actually good for you. Help yourself to seconds, thirds. Heck, we won’t judge you if you go so far as to lick the plate. Just save us a nibble, ya hear?
3-4 yellow and green squash
1-2 cloves garlic
1/4 C all purpose flour
1/4 C 2% or whole milk
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 C parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 C 2% Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt
Salt and pepper to tate
Dash of chili flakes
Dash of nutmeg
1. Use spiralizer to make the ‘pasta’ out of your squash.
2. Add pasta to a pan with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
4. Add some of your olive oil to a sauté pan on medium heat.
5. Gradually whisk in milk, cheese, and flour; stirring the whole time to avoid any clumping. You can always add a little bit more milk if your sauce is too thick.
6. Add spices, adjusting as needed to your taste preference.
7. When the sauce is evenly mixed and has a good consistency (not too thick, not too thin), remove the pan from the stove.
8. Add in yogurt, stirring to fully incorporate.
9. Pour over spiralized pasta and serve right away!